Thursday, July 5, 2012

Words and Their Shortcomings.

**Just FYI, I'm postponing starting the photography challenge until tomorrow or possibly Saturday. I've just been so busy lately!**
Stuck in my head: Mountaintop by City Harmonic and 10,000 Reasons by Matt Redman
 Quoted: "The quietest people have the loudest minds" - Stephen Hawking

Words are one of my favorite things, as you all have easily discovered if you've read even one of my posts. I firmly believe in the power they can hold in both written and spoken form as well as set to music. Still, there are times that I believe words can be a hindrance rather than a help. How can you possibly describe using mere words the depth of love that your grandfather has for your grandmother, a mother has for her newborn child, or that a groom has for his new bride? How can words even begin to describe the heartwrenching pain of losing a close family member, the despair of losing everything that one has worked so hard to accomplish or the intensity of fear in the heart of a child watching his world crumble around him? Sometimes I feel that words undermine emotion, with futile attempts to wrap it up in a consumable package when it was never meant to be so easily brushed aside in the first place. Words can create emotion, but emotion can never quite become something so constricting as words. Words have their place, but there is also much to be said about silence.

♥♥Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It truly makes my day.