Saturday, July 21, 2012

At the Cabin.

((or, the post in which I overwhelm you with photos and words))
The cabin is probably one of my favorite places in the world. Every year, we go for a week in the summer and a weekend in the fall. Every year, we do pretty much the same things, but I always enjoy it. I'm going to try to break up all the pictures with some words...

The Pennsylvania Grand Canyon: It's quite different from the actual Grand Canyon. For one thing, it's not nearly as deep, and for another, it's completely covered in trees. We go to the same overlook every year, and the view never ceases to amaze me.




As well as going to the overlook, we also hike on a trail that goes along the bottom of the canyon, called Darling Run:

Of course, we had to stop and wade in the stream.

(more photos like this on my photography blog)

We also go on other hikes, and the woods are so beautiful:






At least one night, we have sparklers and fireworks:

And we tour this old caboose next to a gift shop:



So, that's the cabin. Do you have any family vacation traditions like this, that no matter how often you do them they never get old?
♥♥Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It truly makes my day.