Wednesday, July 11, 2012

On Being Genuine.

Gen-u-ine:
(1) Not counterfeit, authentic, real  
(2) Free from pretense, affectation or hypocrisy; sincere.
I know that this is not a new topic, and I am far from the first blogger to attempt a post such as this one. I'm not trying to write the definitive definition of the word "genuine" and I'm only sharing my opinion, my personal take on the topic. 
Genuine is one thing that I strive to be, above pretty much all else. Some of the people that get under my skin the most are the ones that feel the need to be fake. Everyone likes a genuine person; someone who is fully themselves and completely unabashed. A genuine person is one who has come completely to terms with who they are, someone who has accepted their flaws and learned to embrace them. No one said it would be easy, but all the hard work will be worth it in the end. Others tend to more readily accept those who accept themselves. Being genuine is the key to forming solid relationships of any kind. There's no feeling quite like knowing someone inside and out, from their deepest fears and insecurities to their headiest joys and most proud accomplishments. If you let someone in and they do the same for you, that knowledge can be the strong foundation of a lifelong friendship or marriage.So go, live, be genuine, be yourself. In the end, you will be glad you did.
♥♥Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It truly makes my day.