Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Rainy Day Post

 
Note: This was supposed to be posted yesterday, but I posted the Pinterest one instead. Today it is not raining, but it is cloudy enough to justify posting this anyway.

Quoted: "A poet is someone who stands outside in the rain hoping to be struck by lightning" - James Dickey
 This is what it looks like outside my living room window: all cool and grey and rainy and wonderful. Rainy days are my favorite. They are cozy and demand a good book and cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows. Rain provides soft background noise to my thoughts. I always feel especially inspired on this kind of day. I don't know exactly what it is about rain. Maybe it's the quiet consistency of the pitter-patter on roofs and windows, or maybe it's the soft grey light filtering in through soaked window panes. Either way, these days give me a nostalgic feeling that can never quite be replicated on a bright sunny day.
Falling asleep to the sound of rain is quite possibly one of the most calming feelings in the world. It gives me one of those, "God's in his heaven, all's right with the world" feelings. I think rainy days overall get a bad rap. Do you like rainy days?
♥♥Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It truly makes my day.