Monday, November 26, 2012

Two Belated Snippets {7} && An Update

Sometimes the words just didn’t come. Some days she spent more time wracking her brain for the words than she spent writing them. These were the days that made her want to give up, that made her question her dreams and abilities. She didn’t know what exactly it was that kept her going. Maybe it was the satisfaction of seeing pages upon pages of words that she herself had formed and combined from 26 simple letters. Maybe it was the joy she felt when others complimented what she’d written. Or maybe it was the exhilaration of spilling her mind on the paper. Whatever it was, she knew that no matter how hard she might try, she’d never stop writing.
 ~~~~~~
The dull roar of chatter flowed around her, half a dozen conversations none of which she was a part of. It was funny: she felt less lonely when she was alone. It was moments like these when the feelings began to gnaw in the pit of her stomach. Friendlessness and insecurity blanketed by a vague sense of depression. Someone turned to ask her a vapid question. A false smile and short forced reply hid her emotion too well. Unappreciated. Unloved. All she wanted was someone to make her feel less alone in a crowded room.

These are both very autobiographical. Much of my writing is, after all. And now, the update: I am not going to continue with my project 365. I feel terrible that I committed to something that I didn't follow through on. I honestly did think that I was going to do this. It just turned out to be harder than I'd envisioned, more time consuming. For now, I'm calling it quits. The tumblr will stay up, but I will not be posting on it anymore (for the time being). I'm not going to stop writing, I'm just going to stop doing it with a timeframe.
♥♥Kristin

2 comments:

  1. I can tell that they are autobiographical because of the way the narrator's character comes to life with her words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh girl, I totally identify with both passages. Especially the second one. Just beautiful and it makes me want to know more about your story!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It truly makes my day.