Saturday, November 17, 2012

It's That Time of Year.

I was outside raking leaves earlier today and I was reminded why this is my favorite season. The scent of dead leaves, strange as this may sound, is one of my favorite scents in the world, right up there with freshly ground coffee and cookies baking. I was breathing it in, the cold wind stinging my fingers and numbing my face, and though I was so cold my toes began to tingle, the crispness in the air made me feel so alive. Being cold only makes it feel that much better to come inside, brew a cup of tea and make lunch. Food tastes better after a morning spent outside. As of now I'm thawing out on my bed, wearing a comfy hoodie with my warm laptop resting on my legs. I'm going to have to go to work later, but for now I'm just going to soak it all in. Lazy, cozy fall afternoons are my favorite.
♥♥Kristin

2 comments:

  1. I love Fall. You said it in one of your sentences . . . something in the air just makes you feel alive.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It truly makes my day.