Thursday, June 14, 2012

Happiness :: My Definition.

What you DON'T need to be happy:
- a boyfriend/girlfriend
- a pretty face
- a fancy cell phone
- a closetful of fashionable clothing
- lots and lots of friends
- everyone's approval
- anything else the world deems important and even necessary

What you DO need to be happy:
-God.
It's just that simple.

These are things I must remind myself of on an almost daily basis, but I'm getting better. True happiness can never come from things of the world because the secular world is in its very definition imperfect. God is perfect though, and no matter what society tries to tell you, he is the only source of the true happiness everyone longs for. Trying to get it any other way is futile.

{{I will be posting about my week with the youth group, as well as the upcoming weekend camping with my church, on Monday. Until then I just wanted to share this with you, it's something that's been on my mind.}}

♥♥Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It truly makes my day.