Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Magic of Radio.

{source}
I love listening to the radio, especially when I'm driving. I'm not going to lie, I sing along loudly and out of tune when a favorite song comes on. There are so many things that I love about the radio. A song sounds so much better when you hear it on the radio, because you can't control that it came on and once it's over you don't have the power to bring it back. Even songs that I play repeatedly on my ipod or youtube make me squeal when they come on the radio. I'll turn up the volume and tap my fingers on the steering wheel. If I get home before the song is done, I'll sit in the driveway and listen until it's over. If I'm feeling nervous about something (something such as college placement testing. Eep!) I always play the radio on the way. I know which stations have tendency to play my favorites, and when they come on the familiar songs are like old friends, reassuring me that everything is going to be okay. The radio has it's own special kind of magic, and even with smartphones, ipods, laptops and youtube, I don't think it will ever become completely obsolete. Not if it means as much to other people as it does to me.
♥♥Kristin

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting! It truly makes my day.