Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Summer Reading List

{via}
This Summer I hope to get a lot of reading done. Frankly I don't have much time over the school year what with school work and my job. I have a reading challenge of sorts on my book tumblr (here) but of the fifty that I hope to read this year, I've read a measly twelve. I hope I can catch up. Here are some big ones on the list:

Re-reads:
The Book Thief: This book is among my favorites. I read it about a year and a half ago - a library copy - and then bought it for myself (Well, okay. What actually happened was that I told my brother to buy it for me for Christmas). I've never read my personal copy. Sad, isn't it?

The Little House books: These were my absolute favorites when I was little. I loved reading about Laura and her adventures. I think it's high time I revisited them.

The Anne of Green Gables series: Again, these were some of my favorites. As I've mentioned before, Anne is one of my favorite literary heroines. I especially want to re-read some of the later books in the series, such as Anne of Windy Poplars and Anne's House of Dreams.

New Reads:
And the Mountains Echoed: This is a new book by Kahled Hosseini, author of The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns. I enjoyed his other books and I hope that I enjoy this one as well. I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Reached: The third book in the Matched trilogy. I just never got around to it but I'm determined to this summer.

The Austin Family books: These are written by Madeleine L'Engle, author of my beloved A Wrinkle in Time. I'm not sure why I haven't read them yet.

I'm sure I'll find even more books to read, and I'm sure this list will not be completed, but this is what's on my plate right now. What do you plan to read this summer?
♥♥Kristin

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! It truly makes my day.