Monday, December 30, 2013

It's That Time of Year.

Everyone will soon be posting New Years resolutions and I thought I'd get a jump on it since the next few days will be too full for blogging. If you recall, last year I didn't really make any resolutions. In the span of time between then and now, I made a huge life decision (for me) to change my major from elementary education to business administration. So far it feels like a much better fit. I also gained a boyfriend and best friend all rolled into one. He really is wonderful, but I'll spare you the details.

As for this year, I have a few small resolutions I'd like to work on. In no particular order, here they are:

1. I want to make it a goal to save $5-10 from each of my paychecks to put towards buying myself one "big" nice thing. I also have a coffee tin with spare change in the bottom that I rediscovered in my bedroom and plan to add to it and eventually add that to the stash. By the end of the year, we'll see how much I have.

2. I want to maintain my goodreads profile more meticulously, recording every book I read for the year. I'll also make it a goal to read 30 books this year. That isn't a lot compared to what some people commit to, but for me it feels right. Sadly, I have too much going on in my life to read as much as I'd like.

3. I want to do my best to read my Bible more regularly and maybe even find a devotional book that I will stick to. It's something that I think about all the time but never really put any effort into changing. Now is as good a time as any.

So those are my resolutions for the year. Have you made any of your own?

♥♥Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It truly makes my day.