Wednesday, March 28, 2012

newsprint nails and other stuff.

 I found a super-easy tutorial on pinterest to transfer newsprint to your nails. (Isn't pinterest wonderful?) I'm not usually a fan of those tutorials on blogs, because they get too involved to really fully explain in words and pictures. This one is different (to me anyway). It's not hard at all.
You will need:
- a neutral colored nail polish like white or light grey
- rubbing alcohol
- newspaper pieces or strips (one for each nail)
- a clear top-coat

1. Paint your nails with the neutral color.
2. Once that layer is COMPLETELY dry, dip your fingertips into rubbing alcohol.
3. Press the newspaper strips onto your nail and hold it there for about 30 seconds. Carefully peel it away, and *hopefully* the letters will have transferred onto your nails.
4.apply a clear top-coat to seal it in. Mine smeared a bit when I put on the top-coat, so I would suggest letting the letters dry a bit before putting on the top-coat.

 If you're someone like me who is in love with words, it's super cute! There are so many variations I want to try, like using the comics page or spelling out words.


Anyway, on a completely different note, I think I've discovered why I always had trouble starting a blog. I've been so caught up in trying to make it like all of the uber-successful blogs that I read and I've forgotten that I have to make it  mine. I am not those other bloggers, so there's no reason that my blog should read or look like theirs. I have to write my own posts (as in not write a post on a similar topic as someone else's. No plagiarism implied!) and take my own pictures from my own perspective. I want a blog that can stand on its own feet, and I'm going to do my best to make that happen.
♥♥Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It truly makes my day.