Sunday, January 13, 2013

My Christmas Break in Review.

I can't believe that my Christmas break is over already. It went by so fast! Now it's time to see how I did with my to-do list:
1. Re-read the Wrinkle in Time series. I've been thinking about them a lot lately, and though I've read them all countless times, I'm ready to do it again. Well...I finished A Wrinkle in Time, and then lost some steam. I ended up skipping the next two and going straight to Many Waters which I never actually finished. Shame on me.
2. Spend as much time as possible with my bestfriend
3. Go shopping with my Mom and aunts (It's kind of a tradition)
4. Bake/make things (especially these hot chocolate truffles and these brownies). I'm usually not much of a baker, but the holidays really put me in the mood.Both recipes are fantastic, by the way.
5. Go sledding (that is, if we get a substantial snowfall... here's hoping!) This one didn't get completed, but it wasn't really my fault. You see, it didn't really snow.
6. Take some photos. That's one thing that I've been REALLY slacking on lately. I can't remember the last time I got out my camera just to take a few pictures. You guessed it. I didn't even touch my camera.
7. Write something. Or lots of little somethings. I don't really care so long as I'm writing. Eh... I wrote, but not as much as I could have I suppose.

So, I have to say that even though I never really finished some of the things that I wanted to, I still enjoyed my Christmas Break immensely. I had fun with friends, I was just as lazy as I wanted, and I started reading the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series on recommendation by a friend. That would be the reason I never got through the Wrinkle in Times. Now, school starts on Tuesday and I work four days a week from here on out. No more laziness for me, but honestly I think I'm ready for some structure again.
I know many of you may have started school already, but how was your Christmas Break?
♥♥Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It truly makes my day.