Thursday, August 29, 2013

My Latest Obsession

via
This show is Absolutely. Phenomenal. Next to Doctor Who, I'm pretty sure it's my favorite. In my opinion it's pretty underrated. If you haven't seen it, it's about an evil queen who curses all fairy tale characters to live in our world in a town called Storybrooke in Maine. They've forgotten who they were, and the only people who know the truth are the evil queen (who is the town's mayor, Regina Mills) Rumplestiltskin (who is the town pawnbroker and owner of many town buildings and is known as Mr. Gold) and Mayor Mills's adopted son Henry. Henry's real mother is the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming and the only one capable of breaking the curse. He finds her and brings her to Storybrooke, but she doesn't believe him when he tells her the story. Henry knows she's the only one with the power to break the curse so he does his best to make her believe. Each episode is a mash-up of the modern-day story and fairy-tale flashbacks slowly revealing the queen's and everyone else's backstory.
via
This guy right here ^^ (Rumplestiltskin / Mr. Gold) is my favorite character hands down. I still haven't decided whether he's the good guy or the bad guy overall (though Rumple is "the dark one" in fairytale land...). His backstory is so intricate, and he's the character I can sympathize with the most out of all of them. The Boy thinks I'm crazy but I can't help but feel bad for the guy. If you've seen the show, you'd understand.

If you want to watch it, the first season is on Netflix and you can find all of the episodes (seasons 1 and 2) here. Don't say I didn't warn you if you find yourself watching one episode after another and neglecting to sleep or eat. And now, I leave you with...

6 Signs That You Watch Too Much Once Upon a Time (which may or may not apply to me):
1. You've started calling people "dearie" like Rumplestiltskin does
2. You've begun to wonder which fairy tale character the people around you are
3. You pretend you ARE a fairy tale character
4. You want to visit the woods in Maine because they look so beautiful
5. You begin to refer to bad things happening as "curses" even though you know that they don't exist and you believe that True Love's Kiss is really the cure for anything
And finally 6. You watch the show when you should be doing more important things like homework (on second thought, maybe I shouldn't encourage you to watch it)

♥♥Kristin

4 comments:

  1. Hmm. I should check this show out some time. Right now I'm watching Merlin, which I've quite liked . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Once Upon A Time! I adore this show! :)

    Gold was my favorite too until I met Neil. Have you met him yet? Cause...I fell in love. But then... my heart was torn out and stomped on. By a fictional character. I can't even...TV why do you do this to me?? *sobbing*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only just finished the first season ("just" as in last night) so no, I haven't met Neil yet. When Belle remembered Rumplestiltskin... well, I'm pretty sure I made a noise that wasn't human. But I have heard that season 2 is that rip your heart out kind of season, so I need to brace myself.

      Delete
  3. LOVE Once Upon A Time. Can't wait for season 3 to start!

    Season 2 is definitely a rip your heart out season. They introduce my favorite character, Captain Hook, in season 2. Well...he may not be my favorite, but he's definitely my favorite to look at. ;) Rumple is one of my favorites too, but I also love Neil.

    Can't wait to hear your thoughts on season 2!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It truly makes my day.